Water Island Capital is defined by its people. While diverse in background, the individuals at our firm are united by their talent, drive, and dedication. If you build your career with Water Island, you join a dynamic team that seeks to constantly grow, lead, and innovate on behalf of our clients.
We seek individuals who are intellectually curious, will thrive in a collaborative environment, and who want to have a discernible impact. If you are interested in employment opportunities at Water Island Capital, please contact us using the form below.
National Accounts – Account Manager - New York, NY
Water Island Capital, advisor to The Arbitrage Funds, was founded in 2000 with a focus on event driven investing. The firm, which is based in New York City and is 100% employee owned, manages $2.5 billion in public, private and sub-advised funds. Water Island Capital is a recognized leader in liquid, non-traditional investments.
Overview of the Role:
• Water Island is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join its Sales and Marketing team.
• Successfully drive product approvals, generate sales and retain assets at large financial intermediaries including Bank Trusts, RIA’s, Consultants, Multi-family offices and other relevant sales channels.
• Successfully penetrate multiple layers of the financial intermediary organization by proactively engaging in high-level dialogue with:
o Home office investment analysts
o Model construction teams
o Relationship and sales teams
o Mutual fund operations teams
• Oversee all aspects of client relationships
• Visit clients and attend conferences or other National sales events (up to 25% travel)
Because this role is highly visible and reports directly to the firm’s Director of Strategic Relationships, the Account Manager may also be asked to collaborate with the firm’s other account managers who interact with financial advisors and high-end investors.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Desired:
• Superior sales skills and a thorough understanding of alternatives/mutual fund vehicles
• Exceptional relationship building skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with others
• Excellent relationship management, verbal communication and project management skills
• Willingness to work in a team-based environment
• Prior relationships with Bank Trusts, RIA’s, Consultants or Multi-Family office channels desired
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience in the Financial Services Industry
• FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses (or willingness and ability to attain within 90 days)
Interested candidates should submit resumes to Salesjobs@wicfunds.com and reference "National Accounts – Account Manager" in the subject line of your email.